- only available to UK customers aged 18 or over. Proof of age may be required on delivery.
- made in Yorkshire with renewable energy by Cooper King Distillery
- packaging: 55% recycled glass bottle, recycled card, FSC-certified paper, home-compostable wood-cellulose tamper seal (will biodegrade in 12 weeks)
- 40% ABV (alcohol by volume)
- 700ml (70cl)
- vegetarian (contains honey)
- £1 from every bottle sold is donated to the Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust (Registered Charity No. 1061687)
- visit drinkaware.co.uk for information on alcohol and wellbeing
Description / Discovery Gin
We've teamed up with the Cooper King Distillery, makers of England's first carbon-negative gin to create a truly pioneering spirit, available exclusively from the Museum.
For every 70cl bottle cold-distilled in small batches in Yorkshire, one kilogramme of carbon dioxide equivalents (including carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases) is removed from the atmosphere - the labelling and bottling into recycled glass is all done using renewable energy too. Even the bottle's tamper seal is made in the UK from sustainably sourced wood cellulose, which will biodegrade in home compost in 12 weeks. What's more, £1 from every bottle sold is donated to the distillery's tree-planting charity partner, the Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust.
It's carbon-negative production with a positive effect - and helps spread the word about inventive ways to tackle climate change. In addition, every purchase from our shop helps the Museum care for its collection of 80 million specimens and supports 300 scientists studying the natural world.
Made with 11 botanicals - including basil, lemongrass and clove - we suggest serving it in a G&T. rex with Fever-Tree Refreshingly Light Indian Tonic, over ice and garnished with a fresh basil leaf and your favourite model dinosaur.
Find out more about Discovery Gin >