The Natural History Museum is a world-class attraction, which welcomes five million people each year, and leading research centre supporting 300 scientists studying the natural world.
We look after 80 million objects spanning billions of years and use them to help understand the biggest challenges facing the world today, delivering innovative solutions and educational programmes.
Your purchases from the Museum's three permanent shops, pop-up exhibition shops and online shop helps to fund this work and, we hope, inspire the next generation of scientists.
Our values and sustainability: why buy from us?
The Museum's strategy to 2031 is to work towards a future where both people and planet thrive. At the heart of this is sustainability and a mission to create advocates for the planet.
The online shop supports this commitment by offering customers a choice of products that are as sustainably and ethically made as possible. For example:
- We only work with companies that enforce CITES, prohibit child labour, modern slavery and testing on animals.
- Many of our suppliers are members of Sedex, which works to protect people and the environment in the global supply chain.
- Orders sent from the Museum are delivered in boxes made from FSC-certified material, printed with plant-based recycled inks and manufactured in the UK.
- All Museum-branded soft toys contain 100% recycled filling.
- By the end of 2022, all our t-shirts will be made with organic or recycled cotton and printed with vegetable-based inks.
- We know there is a long way to go and are always looking for better solutions - if you have any suggestions or feedback, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Museum at South Kensington has three permanent shops, as well as pop-up exhibition shops, where you can find toys, games, books, prints, souvenirs, clothing and exclusive gifts. The shops are open daily from 10.00 to 17.50.
Museum Shop: located near the Cromwell Road entrance.
Dino Store: located near the exit of the Dinosaur gallery.
Cranbourne Boutique: opposite the Coffee House in the Red Zone.
Wildlife Photographer of the Year Shop: linked to the Museum Shop when the exhibition is on.
Plan your visit to the Museum or visit the FAQs page to find out more about shopping with us online.