'Irresistible' – The Times
Get the definitive guide to the most exceptional creatures on Earth, from the strongest and shortest to the longest and laziest.
Crammed with thousands of animal facts and feats, Animal Records features world record holders from all the main animal groups including mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fishes and invertebrates.
Written by award-winning writer and broadcaster Mark Carwardine, this is the definitive guide to the most exceptional creatures on Earth.
- Find out how the okapi can lick and clean its own eyes.
- Discover the tiny cat flea that jumps with acceleration over 20 times that of a space rocket.
- Elephants can swim for up to six hours and as far as 30 miles without a break.
- The cross-breasted turtle from Central America is reported to be able to eat its way out of a crocodile!
- When whales and dolphins open their eyes underwater, special greasy tears protect them from the stinging salt.
Fully revised and updated since the hardback version, Animal Records is packed with all the latest discoveries, over 200 colour photographs and intriguing stories.
All sales support the Museum's work
All profits and donations are given back to the Museum under a Gift Aid declaration, making your support worth more.
With your help we can continue our pioneering scientific research, educational programmes and conservation.
Search Buy online
Five favourite gifts
And from our friends...
Buy wall art, natural history murals and prints from Surface View.
Roller blinds with cool dinosaurs and more from Creatively Different.
Talk to us about...
+44 (0)20 7942 5725. Email
+44 (0)20 7942 5494. Email
+44 (0)20 7942 5792. Email
+44 (0)20 7942 5815. Email
+44 (0)20 7942 6286. Email
Write to: Natural History Museum
London SW7 5BD
Tell us what you think about this website: complete our mini survey